Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Provided by https://squaredealfarm.org
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- sea salt
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover them. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer 25 to 30 minutes until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
- When the sweet potatoes are cool, peel and cut them into large chunks. Arrange them in the prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, syrup, and brown sugar over a low heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle syrup mixture over sweet potatoes. Top mixture with nuts. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
Visit https://squaredealfarm.org for more recipes and maple tips.