Maple Crème Brulee Recipe
Provided by http://squaredealfarm.org
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean (preferred) or 2 teaspoons extract
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 9 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup SDF Maple Syrup
- Maple sugar for topping
- Heat cream with vanilla bean and sugar on medium heat stir until sugar dissolves. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and remove vanilla bean.
- Whisk egg yolks and maple syrup together.
- Slowly add cream to the egg mixture.
- Pour equal amounts of custard mixture into 8 individual ramekins.
- Place ramekins side by side in a roasting pan and fill with warm water half way up the sides of ramekins.
- Bake in preheated 350ºF oven for 45minutes, until custard is set. Cool in refrigerator until serving time.
- Before serving, sprinkle top of each custard dish evenly with maple sugar and run under broiler until sugar caramelizes. (You can also use a blowtorch to caramelize the sugar topping.)
- Remove and serve.
Visit http://squaredealfarm.org for more recipes and maple tips.