Maple Baked Beans Recipe
Provided by http://squaredealfarm.org
- 2 pounds Soldier, Yellow Eye or Jacob’s Cattle beans soaked overnight
- 1 pound smoked bacon cut into 1″ squares
- 1 pint Square Deal Farm Dark Amber Maple Syrup
- 1 entire bulb garlic -minced
- 2 large onions minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put all in a crockpot, mix and cover, but just with water.
- Let cook on low setting for 8 or more hours. Do not stir, but check occasionally that there is enough liquid to prevent burning.
- Add more water if necessary.
- If you use the right bacon, these are so good you’ll be licking the pot!
- Makes a great side dish for summer barbecues
Visit http://squaredealfarm.org for more recipes and maple tips.